||Sportstrauma is specialized in Orthopedics and Traumatology, focused on the injuries and pain in the muscular and skeletal system; of traumatic fractures, dislocations, sprains, and degenerative origin, or development work as arthrosis (desgate in joints ), hallux valgus (bunions), back pain, neck, hand syndromes (carpal tunnel), flat feet among others, as well as specialized care in sports injuries. Always with the best personal attention you and your family deserve.
Treatment & Management Services include:
- Surgical and conservative treatment of fractures in children and adults
- Treatment of acute and chronic dislocations
- Assessment and monitoring of chronic and degenerative diseases in the muscular and skeletal system
- Arthroplasty (prosthetic) knee, shoulder and hip
- Sports injuries such as sprains, torn muscles, ruptured ligaments and fractures
- Knee, shoulder, ankle and elbow injuries to repair cartilage, ligaments and meniscus
- Fracture care and Rehabilitation
Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive technique performed by Dr. Daniel Alcazar de la Torre an orthopedic doctor who specializes in this technique.
Arthroscopic surgery involves using a small camera (4.0 mm or 2.7mm) to be inserted into a joint (shoulder, elbow, knee) to perform surgery. This technique can be used to repair or reconstruct ligaments, repair torn tendons, reconstruct cartilage, or remove loose pieces from within joints.
The benefits of arthroscopy involve smaller incisions, faster healing, a more rapid recovery, and less scarring. Arthroscopic surgical procedures are often performed on an outpatient basis and the patient is able to return home on the same day.
Dr. Alcazar is a board certified Orthopaedic Surgeon who is substantially trained in sports medicine with special emphasis on the care of the athlete. Alcazar's clinical expertise includes knee, shoulder, ankle, and elbow injuries.
If you have an orthopaedic condition and wish to be advised on the most appropriate please call 877-546-8591 to schedule an appointment or Register online and a patient counselor will contact you.